Last modified: June 09, 2023
1. Introduction Scion Analytics, LLC (“Scion” or “we” or “us” or “our”) values its visitors’ privacy and is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) summarizes the types of information we might collect, use, maintain, protect, disclose, or otherwise process from you as a registered user or visitor of the website www.scionanalytics.com and any subdomains of the website including the products and services provided on our Website (“Website”).
This Privacy Notice applies to the information we collect:
- on our Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and our us;
- through a desktop application you download from our Website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website; and
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Privacy Notice.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Scion or any third-party, including third party sites or services linked to our Website or recommended or referred by our Website through our products, services, or by our staff;
- companies that we do not control or by individuals not employed or managed by us; or
- us or any of our affiliates or subsidiaries related to your or any other individual’s employment or potential employment with us.
Please read this Privacy Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. By accessing or using the Website, products, or services, you agree to this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice). Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Privacy Notice periodically for updates.
2. Personal Information We Collect and How We Collect It
Throughout this Privacy Notice, the term “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular individual or device. However, Personal Information does not include any deidentified or aggregated information.
We may collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through or use our Website, or from third parties such as our business partners or service providers.
We collect Personal Information from and about users of our Website, including Personal Information collected directly from you when you access or use our Website, such as: real name, alias, billing and postal address, email address, online identifier, account name, business or mobile telephone numbers, and credit or debit card number (for payment purposes only). In addition, we also collect other types of information that you may provide when you fill out a form or through your correspondence with us.
Personal Information we collect on or through our Website is:
- Personal Information such as the data identified above;
- Personal Information that you provide in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, products, or services available through our Website, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide before utilizing a service or placing an order through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain Personal Information about your interaction with our Website, such as browsing history, search history, traffic data, logs, referring/exit pages, date and time of your visit to or use of our Website, error information, clickstream and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through our Website. We may also collect information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access or use our Website, and usage details.
The information we collect automatically may include Personal Information, or we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us improve our Website and to deliver a better, more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
If you set up your Web browser (for example, Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Bing, or Firefox) so that cookies are not allowed, you might not be able to use some or all of the features of our Website.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for various purposes described below, including:
- to provide our Website’s functionality, contents, and services to you;
- to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and to prevent transactional fraud; to communicate with you about products and services you’ve purchased;
- to create and maintain your account; to contact you in response to a request;
- to offer you additional products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from a contract entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through our Website;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and for any other purpose with your consent.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We do not share, sell, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information for purposes other than those outlined in this Privacy Notice. However, we may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide, as described in this Privacy Notice:
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business. These entities provide IT and infrastructure support services, data hosting services, and payment processing services;
- Our payment processors’ privacy policies may be found at https://stripe.com/legal/privacy-center.
- to a potential or actual buyer or other successor in the event of a planned or actual merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Scion’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Scions about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- to enforce our Website
- to prevent imminent harm and protect the rights, property, or safety of Scion, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
5. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We do not control the collection and use of your information collected by third parties described above in Disclosure of Your Information. These third parties may, however, aggregate the information they collect with information from their other customers for their own purposes.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can learn more about interest-based advertisements and your opt-out rights and options from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on its website (www.networkadvertising.org) and from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance on its website (www.aboutads.info).
6. Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information
You may send us an email at Support@scionanalytics.com or call 866-238-6207 to request to access, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete your Personal Information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
7. Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers permit you to broadcast a signal to websites and online services indicating a preference that they “do not track” your online activities. However, there is no accepted standard for how a website or online service should respond to this signal and, at this time, we do not honor such signals and we do not modify what information we collect or how we use that information based upon whether such a signal is broadcast or received by us.
8. User Data
We provide certain services, such as the DocuParse service and other text analytic services (“Text Analytic Services”), which allow you to input text and other information for processing by Scion (“User Data”) for which we return analytics or other data based on the Input (“Output”). When you use Text Analytic Services, both the Input and Output remain your User Data.
Your use of Text Analytic Services does not grant Scion any right or license to your User Data. Scion does not, and does not permit others, to process, analyze, use, or disclose your User Data for any reason other than providing Text Analytic Services, including to develop or otherwise improve its Text Analytic Services. User Data is not retained and is purged after 24 hours.
9. Notice to Non-United States Users Scion Analytics, LLC is a United States based company and its operations are located primarily in the United States. In order to provide our Website, products, and services to you, we may send and store your Personal Information outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide an equivalent level of protection for your Personal Information. Your Personal Information may be processed and stored in the United States and federal, state, and local governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the United States may be able to obtain disclosure of your information through the laws of the United States. By using our Website, you represent that you have read and understood the above and hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Information outside the country where you reside or are located, including in the United States.
10. Information Of Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website and services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from children under 13. You must be at least 13 years old to use our Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website including, but not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use, or use any of the interactive features of our Website. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information directly from a child under 13, please contact us at Support@scionanalytics.com.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to help prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to endeavor to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is ever 100% secure.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. To help protect your privacy, be sure:0
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off our Website when you are finished using it; and
- take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example, by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information or User Data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information or User Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures deployed on the Website.
12. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice at any time. If you have provided us with an email address, we will endeavor to notify you by email at that address, of any material change to how we will use Personal Information, but are under no obligation do so. We will also post all changes through a notice on the Website’s home page. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date, active, and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
Your continued use of our Website following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
13. Questions or comments?
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions regarding our Privacy Notice or the ways in which we collect and use your Personal Information described in this Privacy Notice, please send an email to Support@scionanalytics.com or call us at (866) 238-6207. Thank you for choosing Scion Analytics, LLC for your text analytics software solutions!